We all get a little narrow minded especially if you have a lot of drive. You focus on the end goal and go for it! That is great but sometimes during that journey you focus so hard that you don't keep your eyes open for other opportunities. So, I am going to give you 3 reasons to always keep your mind OPEN.
1. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON GROWTH- Life teaches us so many lessons if we just pay attention. We have opportunities every day to learn something new. Whether it is personal growth or growth in our jobs, we have the opportunity. If you are close minded then you may never see the beauty in learning something new. You will be stuck in the same place and never move forward. Every single one of us need growth throughout our lives. We aren't born perfect and full of knowledge. Keep your mind OPEN!
2. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS A LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY- I have always had the thought of wow my life is a little crazy and I should write a book to help others. It was just a thought. Had I been close minded then I would have never picked up on some information that led me to learning how I can "actually" write a book and get it out to the world. Me 10 years ago would have been so focused on surviving each day that I would not have looked forward into seeing how beautiful the future can be. If you are focusing so hard on one thing you may miss out on seeing things around you. It is like parents who sit on their phones all of the time and the child comes and asks them to come play and they keep saying wait a minute. Pretty soon the child stops asking and it isn't until then we realize we have lost precious moments and opportunities to create memories with them. Don't be close minded.
3. YOU CAN FIND INNER STRENGTH THAT YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD- If you do not have an open mind then you may never dig deep inside of yourself and challenge yourself to go for that new dream. You may never even dream. You may think that your life has met its max capacity and you just feel like you need to ride it out. NO. There are so many things that you can add to your life to go from just living to THRIVING! If you close off your mind then you may never know that your life can get better than it is today. It can. It can always get better. If you have an open mind then you will find yourself challenging yourself and finding a new strength within yourself to want to obtain those dreams. Change your circumstances, open your mind and DREAM of all of the possibilities out there for you, for your children, for your family and friends! I never would have guessed that I would be able to write a book and put it out there to the world. I would have been scared of failure, scared of criticism, scared of drawing attention to myself. Today I feel freer that I have in a long time by knowing that my book is being released. I have a new sense of strength inside of me that I never knew was there and that in itself is a beautiful thing.
Never Give Up
Don't just live...Thrive!
I have been down some paths in my life that I thought were right, at the time. One of those things was always being supportive and helping others with their dreams. While we want to be caring and supportive and help others, what we don't want to do is set our goals and our dreams aside just to help them. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself...what do YOU want out of life?
If you only help others you could start to lose a sense of yourself along the way and that is something that will set you back. You need personal development and personal fulfillment in order to thrive.
Here is my advice to you:
1. Chase your dreams! When you fulfill your heart by going after your dreams then you can truly help others without hesitation. When you always help others and not yourself it will wear you down. You can even start to have resentment towards others or maybe just get tired of helping people all together. In order to be the best YOU that you can be, make sure you are fulfilling your needs within also.
2. Do you want to look back at the last 10 years and realize that you haven't gotten anywhere? I don't want that for you. Remember it isn't selfish to want to advance your knowledge, better your life and thrive! You just need to do it in a humble manner. The lesson though is to not put yourself on the back burner on simmer because eventually there won't be anything left in the pan to give.
3. If the big goals scare you, start with small ones. Is your dream to own your own business but scares you to even think about going after it? Start with baby steps. Start a side gig that works its way to bigger and bigger goals. If you are in sales then say hey I want to sell $1,000 a month and this is how. Totally doable. If you set a goal of wanting to sell $10,000 a month in the first month and no one even knows about your business yet then maybe you are setting yourself up for failure.
Start small, set goals, accomplish the goals, set bigger goals and so on but always, always, always make sure that you are doing whatever it is that you are doing, for you as well. Do not make all of these goals and accomplish them for other people until you have filled your cup first.
The cup can overflow with happiness and you can thrive but not if you are dying inside and neglecting yourself along the way.
Do you want to join a FREE group where we talk about empowerment, survival, confidence, thriving and much more?
Click the link below!
Want to learn even more? Click below!
Never Give Up
Don't just live...Thrive!