There are too many things in life that try and trip us up, so get yourself prepared for that step off of the curb so that you don't jar yourself.
1. You or them-When you know yourself inside and out then you will have clarity on where the problem is. If you are the problem then work on you. Figure out how you can get past what is holding you back. If you know yourself, your intentions, your heart then you know that the issue is with them. Do not carry their weight. Clarity on whether it is them or you gives you the power to know the next step of how to fix the issue so that you can move forward.
2. Setting boundaries -When you know yourself inside and out then you know what you can handle and what you can't and it also gives you the strength to stand up for yourself. If you have a tendency to open the door for them to overload you then that is on you. If you have set your boundaries and have been clear about them then anything above that is on them. Knowing who is crossing the boundaries gives you the information that you need on who to address in order to fix it. You or them. You can't let them overload you and then complain about it. Know yourself and your limits.
3. Clarity on what you want- Do you want to continue to run in the wrong direction or do you want clarity so that you can run in the right direction? I want to know that when I get to my destination that it was the right destination. I don't want to get there and realize that I went the wrong way and I have to start over and keep going. If you want to be successful in your life then you can't get enough clarity, ever. Always strive for clarity in every situation. Your success depends on clarity, communication, boundaries and knowing the problem. If you want to work 60 hours a week then you will know that. I know you are thinking, who would want to do that? Well, some people do. BUT if you don't, do some self evaluating then you won't know if you are that type of person or not. Maybe you are someone who wants to work 20 hours a week. I know what you are thinking and that is that you don't have a choice because you need a paycheck for more hours a week. WRONG. If you make the decision to say I want to work this many hours a week and make this much money then that will give you the clarity to find ways to make that happen. Write a list. My list was this-work from home, have the flexibility to be available for my daughter, make an impact on peoples lives, make $$$$ dollars a month, make an impact on peoples lives and inspire people to get past their traumas and what holds them back in life. Then...I chased a solution with everything I had until I ended up where I am today. It can happen for you too if you self evaluate.
Have you jumped into my FREE Facebook group? We have in depth conversations, workshops and trainings that get you on the right path and past your roadblocks. Click here to join.
Advocate for "Never Giving Up"
Creator of the Daily Mental Meal Plan ~
"Eat positivity for breakfast, motivation for lunch, comprehension for dinner and peace for dessert."
My Facebook business page Passionate and Determined Women Entrepreneurs Making an Impact
A "Get Clarity" FREEBIE for you! Check it out!
We have all gotten lost along the way, but we haven't all found our way back. Life throws us curve balls and knocks us off course and it is our job to navigate it and keep going. For a very long time, I fought so hard to be made of steel, to be able to survive anything, to be numb to the world so that it could not hurt me. When I was living that journey I closed off some of the greatest parts about life and I definitely lost who I was and who I wanted to be.
These are steps to help you get back on the right path so that you can enjoy life and know exactly who you are.
1. Make sense of your past so you can move forward- What does this mean? This step is for you to really dive into your past and wrap your head around the things that happened. There may be things that you are holding on to that affect you in a negative way and those things may not have anything to do with you as a person. I held on to some abuse that happened to me and I always felt like I was defective. I felt like there was something about me that caused the abuse or that I drew it into me. That was wrong and I know that now but it took me a long time to realize that there was no way to change the situation, that it was not me and when I made sense of it all then it was a relief. I made sense of the situation and realized that it was the another person that had issues, not me. If it wasn't me, they would have abused another. So when I stopped carrying the heavy load on myself and made sense of the situation that was out of my control, then I was able to heal, grow and truly find myself inside all of that internal turmoil.
2. Silence your inner critic because you can't grow with negativity tearing you down-We sometimes tend to be our worst enemy. I am the type of person that feels very deeply. If I do something wrong, there is no worst critic than me. While that may be good to have a conscious and to be self aware, we do not want to let it control us and prevent us from being the best version of ourselves. If we dream of running our own company or of climbing the corporate ladder to the top, then let ourselves dream! Do not let our inner critic ruin this journey for us. Silence it.
3. Think about what you want to have in the future-Live out your dreams! If you do not let yourself envision the future then where are you going? You will be stuck in the present with no direction. How are you supposed to really know what kind of person you are, what kind of person you want to be, and what kind of life you want to live if you don't have a vision of the future. Take the "grow up, go to college, get married, have kids" vision as an example. How are you going to know where you want to go to college? How are you going to know where you want to live? How are you going to know where you want to raise a family or even if you do want a family? I know that we can't control all aspects of our future and that we sometimes end up in a totally different place than we want to be, but sometimes we don't. My step daughter always said she was going to grow up and live in North Carolina and well, she made that happen. Moving across the US to a place that she envisioned her future being built showed a lot of self awareness and you have to find yourself and know yourself to do that.
Take some time to yourself and really deep dive into making sense of your past and letting go of all of the negative. Get rid of your inner critic and change your mindset. Use all of the wonderful positive things that you know about yourself to build the greatest version of you. Make the biggest and loudest voices in your head the positive ones!
"Never Give Up"
Don't just live...Thrive!