In your journey to finding true happiness and advancing into living a happy life there are some things that you need to add to your daily routine. You brush your teeth daily correct? You get dressed every day right? These things that I am suggesting can be done while you are getting ready in the morning or before you go to bed at night or both. I do my daily affirmations twice a day.
I look in the mirror and remind myself every day these three things.
1. What is my reason WHY? What is driving you towards wanting a better or different life? What lights your fire and gives you the motivation to be a better person, to dream bigger, and to make a difference in the world? For so long I did not know my purpose. I had a life filled full of traumas and I just wanted to survive. Dreaming was out of the question because it took energy I needed and I was scared to be let down like I had been so many times. Make sure when you write down your reason why that you are very clear so that when you remind yourself daily then it imprints in your brain and becomes a must have. For instance, my WHY is that I want to not only help others that are struggling with their self worth and confidence after trauma but I want to help my daughter, my step children always have the tools they need to tackle anything that life throws at them. That is my WHY. Help this generation and then next generation and many generations to come be unbreakable and unstoppable!
2. Discover what you like and dislike. Remind yourself every day to cling to the things that make you feel good and not the things that make you feel bad. Grab a piece of paper and write good/bad and really look deep inside yourself and be honest with yourself. Even down to the things that may seem petty to you. Self discovery is everything. You NEED to know what makes you happy and do more of those things and weed out the bad. There is so much healing that can be done in these discoveries.
3. Mindset training. Train your mind every day to think of the good and not the bad. When we hear a scary diagnosis and they say 1/5 people do not recover from this then that is all we hear. What we need to focus on is 4/5 do. I teach my daughter to find the good in the situation. When she gets in trouble for something she thinks her world is falling a part and she says you always are mad at me. I slow down her mind and say lets discuss this. When was the last time you were grounded or in trouble? She said last month. Exactly so you have been good for an entire month and you used to be in trouble once a week. Look at the progress that you have made. That releases the stress on her mind just by reminding her that she has been doing so good lately. Train your mind to see the good. It will ease your stress and allow you to see the bright side instead of the dark side.
These 3 things are so important on your journey to thriving. Self talk, self appreciation and self love are not selfish, they are necessary. If you are loving yourself then you will express more love to those around you. You will start to attract more love in your life and be one step closer to livin' a happy life.
Never Give Up!
Don't just live...Thrive!
Join my free Unbreakable, Unstoppable & Driven group!
We all get a little narrow minded especially if you have a lot of drive. You focus on the end goal and go for it! That is great but sometimes during that journey you focus so hard that you don't keep your eyes open for other opportunities. So, I am going to give you 3 reasons to always keep your mind OPEN.
1. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON GROWTH- Life teaches us so many lessons if we just pay attention. We have opportunities every day to learn something new. Whether it is personal growth or growth in our jobs, we have the opportunity. If you are close minded then you may never see the beauty in learning something new. You will be stuck in the same place and never move forward. Every single one of us need growth throughout our lives. We aren't born perfect and full of knowledge. Keep your mind OPEN!
2. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS A LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY- I have always had the thought of wow my life is a little crazy and I should write a book to help others. It was just a thought. Had I been close minded then I would have never picked up on some information that led me to learning how I can "actually" write a book and get it out to the world. Me 10 years ago would have been so focused on surviving each day that I would not have looked forward into seeing how beautiful the future can be. If you are focusing so hard on one thing you may miss out on seeing things around you. It is like parents who sit on their phones all of the time and the child comes and asks them to come play and they keep saying wait a minute. Pretty soon the child stops asking and it isn't until then we realize we have lost precious moments and opportunities to create memories with them. Don't be close minded.
3. YOU CAN FIND INNER STRENGTH THAT YOU NEVER KNEW YOU HAD- If you do not have an open mind then you may never dig deep inside of yourself and challenge yourself to go for that new dream. You may never even dream. You may think that your life has met its max capacity and you just feel like you need to ride it out. NO. There are so many things that you can add to your life to go from just living to THRIVING! If you close off your mind then you may never know that your life can get better than it is today. It can. It can always get better. If you have an open mind then you will find yourself challenging yourself and finding a new strength within yourself to want to obtain those dreams. Change your circumstances, open your mind and DREAM of all of the possibilities out there for you, for your children, for your family and friends! I never would have guessed that I would be able to write a book and put it out there to the world. I would have been scared of failure, scared of criticism, scared of drawing attention to myself. Today I feel freer that I have in a long time by knowing that my book is being released. I have a new sense of strength inside of me that I never knew was there and that in itself is a beautiful thing.
Never Give Up
Don't just live...Thrive!